8 Channel Level Magic Surround Audio Processor - D*AP8 TAP
With 8 processing channels, 3G SDI, Dolby® support and optional loudness logging features, the D*AP8 TAP is the ideal solution for automatic and intelligent loudness management in real-time broadcast playout environments. Level Magic ensures maximum audio quality whilst maintaining compliance with all worldwide loudness standards.
The D*AP8 TAP audio processor provides automatic and adaptive loudness management compliant with all current broadcast audio loudness recommendations including ITU-R BS.1770 standards (1, 2 and 3) as well as recommended practices ATSC A/85 (2011/2013), ARIB TR-B32, Free TV OP-59, Portaria 354 and EBU R128.
The D*AP8 TAP audio processor features loudness control plus dynamic range processing for up to eight channels of audio (4x2, or 5.1+2). Optional audio decoding and encoding (Dolby® E, Dolby® Digital Plus or Dolby® Digital including metadata management are also provided, along with 5.1 downmix and upmix features, sophisticated fail over and voice over systems.
- Dynamic Range Control and Level Magic
Based on a unique multi-loop control principle, the Level Magic algorithm provides adaptive wideband loudness control with exceptionally high audio quality that is free of coloration, pumping, distortion or modulation effects. Level Magic combines three major gain changing elements:
- • Adaptive AGC
- • Transient Processor
• Distortion-free true peak limiter
The adaptive dynamic section includes an expander and upward compressor.
- Spectral Signature
Jünger Audio’s Spectral Signature dynamic equalizer is a powerful creative tool allowing adaptive control of the spectral balance of your content. Spectral Signature analyzes incoming audio and compares its spectral structure to a predetermined “reference” curve. This allows dynamic EQ corrections to be applied only if necessary to achieve a consistent sound image and tonal balance. Spectral Signature is a standard feature on the D*AP8 TAP.
- Loudness Measurement and Logging
To check compliance with local regulations, loudness and true peak levels can be measured and transferred via Ethernet to the optional J*AM measurement and logging software. SNMP or GPI/O alarms can also be triggered if pre-set limits are exceeded. A real-time plot of input v/s output levels can be displayed and the results logged to a destination folder anywhere on the network. A log file analyzer can rebuild the original plot for easy readout of historical measurements.
- Stereo to 5.1 Upmixing
When broadcasting a mix of stereo and 5.1 audio content, it can be disturbing to viewers when the surround field collapses back to stereo and vice-versa. The unit can be set to detect stereo only content and automatically upmix to 5.1 in order to maintain a constant surround experience. Existing 5.1 content will pass untouched.
- System Integration
All system parameters are remotely accessible allowing the unit to be integrated and remotely operated by broadcast control systems. An advanced built-in Event Management tool allows the remote loading of parameter presets either by hotkeys on the optional X*AP RM1 remote panel, by 8 onboard GPI/O’s or even by network commands using the Ember+™ control protocol. This helps users to apply individual processing to their programs, a key feature for well-managed loudness control to effectively accommodate compliant and none compliant audio.
- Web Configuration
A web interface allows easy and intuitive setup and configuration from anywhere in your network. Most parameters are based on the principle of “set and forget” so with a small number of initial settings, the unit can be up and running on air in minutes. On screen metering and measurements are available for easy reference and a dedicated “mobile” UI is aimed specifically at smaller displays such as tablets or smartphones.
- Interfaces and System Security
Audio I/O’s range from on board native AES3 to optional 3G SDI including video delay, MADI, Dante® audio over IP and analog. Power fail bypass relays are fitted as standard and with dual redundant PSU’s and SNMP integration, the unit ensures maximum operational safety and peace of mind for today’s critical 24/7 broadcast or content delivery facilities.
- Level Magic loudness management according to: ITU-R BS.1770 (all revisions), EBU R128, ATSC A/85, ARIB TR-B32, Free TV OP-59 and Portaria 354
- Spectral Signature dynamic EQ
- 5 band parametric EQ
- Dynamics with compressor and expander/gate
- Surround Upmix functionality
- Fail over with signal loss detection and automatic Upmix
- Voice Over functionality
- Optional audio encoding & decoding: Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital, Dolby® E, Pro Logic II
- Dolby® Metadata generation, processing and emulation
- Optional loudness logging software (J*AM)
- On board interfaces: 4x AES/EBU I/O, Sync in, Sync out, Metadata I/O, 8 GPI/O
- I/O modularity via 2 interface slots (e.g., 2 SDI streams)
- Optional embedded audio management (max. 2 SDI streams)
- Ethernet connectivity for setup and control via web browser
- External control via network or GPI/Os
- Power-fail bypass relays
- 19”, 1RU device, redundant PSU
Versions & Options
- D*AP8 TAP: D*AP8 base unit plus TAP feature set
- X*AP RM1: hardware remote control linked via Ethernet
- Option Board 16ch SDI I/O (3G/HD/SD)
- Option Board 4ch analog I/O
- Option Board 8ch analog Out
- Option Board 8ch AES/EBU I/O
- Option Board 16ch Dante® Audio over IP
- Option Board 16ch MADI I/O
- Option Board Dolby® D / D+ / E Codec (licenses required)
- License Dolby® D / D+ Encoder
- License Dolby® E Encoder
- License Dolby® D / D+ / E Decoder with Meatdata Emulation
All Jünger Loudness control / - Management devices from all product lines share a neat feature: The gathered measurement data is made available for downstream measurement applications via Ethernet. Learn more about at Measurement and Logging Software Tools.
Jünger Application Manager - J*AMSystem: MS Windows™Changelog 126.96.36.199350 (2017-08-31):
Before installing the J*AM / Loudness Logger software under Windows 10, please download and install the latest Sentinel dongle GUI runtime environment:
Installing the J*AM / Loudness Logger software without the environment first might lead to critical errors and blues screens!
- Fixed integration range issue in Log Analyzer
- Fixed parameter inconsistencies occurred while network interruptions
- Added support for C8492 PM5 and C8092 PM5
- Added support for C8702 logger version 6
- Added support for V*AP v2.0.1
D*AP8 FLX / TAP EDITION / CODEC EDITION rel_dap8_mei_5_1_9.zipChangelog 5.1.9 (2022-08-18):
Firmware for D*AP8 FLX, TAP EDITION and CODEC EDITION
- fixed wrong relay bypass timing for SDI
- changed (Dante) includes DT-100 firmware version 188.8.131.52
- changed (Dolby) support for latest hardware revision of Dolby Codec board
- improved (Dante) Firmware based on 4.2.0 Audinate Brooklyn Firmware released
- fixed (Dante) Dante Module display issue with long Current IP Adresses
- changed (SDI) includes SDI firmware version 53